( sliced in chunks)
( peeled and chopped)
cream of celery soup
salt and pepper
- Sauté the kielbasa and onions in the olive oil at the bottom of a soup pot (cast iron Dutch ovens work well for this but any large soup pot will do) until the onions are transpartent.
- Add your potatoes and enough water to just cover them.
- Cover the pot until the water boils.
- Take off the cover and boil until potatoes are soft (test by pressing one with the back of a fork).
- Be careful to watch the water, keep the potatoes covered, but only just.
- When the potatoes are soft add the soup and creamed corn.
- Bring back to a boil.
- Simmer until ready to serve (if too watery simmer until desired thickens is achieved, if too thick add a splash of skim milk).
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Makes a complete meal if served with some buttered bread.