crookneck yellow squash, sliced
garlic cloves, diced
monterey jack cheese, grated
( or more)
- Cut onion in half (from north to south), then in slices.
- Sautee squash, mushrooms, onion and garlic in oil until squash is slightly tender.
- Meanwhile, mix together eggs and cottage cheese.
- To assemble:.
- Place vegetables in bottom of 9 x 13 casserole dish, being careful to drain off all liquid.
- Spread cottage cheese mixture on top.
- Sprinkle with spices as desired.
- Sprinkle grated cheese on top.
- Lightly toss mixture with fork.
- Bake, uncovered, in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.