dill rye bread
2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons
onion, sliced very thin
deli ham, sliced thin
American cheese, sliced
- Butter each piece of bread on one side and stick the butter side together and set aside.
- Heat a skillet on hi and spray with non-stick spray. Add sliced onion and sautee until carmelized. Remove from pan and set aside. Wipe pan clean and set on medium heat.
- Place 4 pieces of the bread butter side down in your pan (I use a BIG skillet so this works, do this in stages if you have a small skillet). Add 1/4 of the onions, 1 slice of cheese, 2 slices of ham, then 1 slice of cheese and the last piece of bread, butter side out.
- Leave for about 3-4 minutes and peek, if golden brown turn over and cook until golden brown on that side.
- Slice in half and serve with a dill pickle.