Butter Flavor Crisco
( do not sub butter for Crisco!)
1 -2 teaspoon
( do not sift)
cream of tartar
white sugar, mixed with
( for rolling)
- Set oven to 350°.
- In a extra large mixing bowl (I use my kitchen aid stand mixer for this), cream/mix the shortening, both sugars, eggs and vanilla until very well blended and fluffy.
- In a smaller bowl mix together (do not sift) the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt, with a spoon.
- Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and beat well until blended.
- Roll into walnut size balls (or larger if desired).
- Roll into the cinnamon/sugar mixture, making sure that the balls are well coated.
- Place on a foil-lined lightly sprayed cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges.
- ***NOTE*** for a crispier cookie, bake longer.