salmon fillets, 6 oz each
( 175 g)
salt and pepper
garlic cloves, finely minced
fresh minced parsley
olive oil, divided
brown button mushrooms
sweet chili sauce
single malt Scotch whisky
( such as Glenfiddich)
mandarin orange segments
- Season salmon with salt and pepper.
- Mix garlic, parsley and 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil; rub salmon with mixture.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat.
- Add salmon and sear for 3 to 4 minutes a side (or until fish flakes easily).
- Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Add mushrooms to pan and sauté until browned.
- Add remaining ingredients to pan and continue to cook until slightly reduced.
- Spoon sauce over reserved salmon and garnish with 5 mandarin wedges.