onion, finely chopped
celery, finely chopped
portabella mushroom, chopped fine
( homemade is best)
2 1/2 tablespoons
instant chicken bouillon
( granular type)
spinach, finely chopped
basil, finely chopped
2 1/2 cups
chicken breasts, raw and cubed
cheddar cheese, grated
- In a small fry pan add olive oil, onion, portabello and celery.
- Cook till soft, set aside in into another bowl.
- In the same pan, saute chicken pieces with a little olive oil till done. About 10 minutes.
- In stock pot add the chicken stock, 3 tablespoons of the chicken bouillon, and cubed chicken. Cook about 10 minutes.
- Heat to a soft boil, reduce heat and add the onion, mushroom and celery mixture, and the powdered milk.
- Add the spinach and basil.
- Simmer just till spinach and basil are limp, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add cheddar cheese, stir til melted.
- Bring back to a soft boil.
- Add corn starch in 1/3 cups cold water, slowly add into the chicken stock.
- Stir till all is thicken.
- In bowl, add butter and flour till like small peas.
- Add enough water to make a nice pie dough.
- Roll out on floured board and cut into desired shapes, place onto cookie sheet, bake till light brown.
- Let cool about 15 minutes.
- To serve:.
- Ladle into bowl.
- Place pieces of the crust on top of the soup.