diced fresh mozzarella cheese
( about 3 ounces)
extra virgin olive oil
1/4 teaspoon lemon juice (white balsamic or champagne vinegar okay) or 1/4 teaspoon
( white balsamic or champagne vinegar okay)
salt, to taste
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper or 1/4 teaspoon
tricolor pepper, to taste
garlic clove, crushed and minced
1 1/4 cups
chopped fresh basil
basil leaves, for garnish
- In a large bowl combine the tomato, mozzarella, shallots, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and garlic, toss well then refrigerate, covered, to marinate for 30 minutes.
- In a saucepan bring the water to a boil and gradually stir in the couscous; remove from the stove, cover, and set aside for 5 minutes.
- With a fork, fluff the couscous then let cool.
- Add the cooled couscous and chopped basil to the tomato mixture in the bowl and toss.
- Garnish with whole basil leaves and serve.
- Note: part-skim mozzarella cheese can be substituted.