sun-dried tomatoes, halves, in oil
oil, from the sun-dried tomatoes
garlic clove, finely minced
French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
( about half of a large loaf)
monterey jack cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- Place a grilling rack over the barbecue, about 4 to 6 inches from the heat.
- Put the 2 tablespoons of oil from the sun dried tomatoes in a large bowl.
- Pat the tomato halves dry with a paper towel and cut into quarters, set aside.
- Stir the olive oil, garlic and salt into the tomato oil.
- Toss the bread cubes into the oil mixture until they are well-coated.
- Thread bread, cheese and tomato quarters, alternately on skewers.
- Grill over coals for about 5 minutes or just until the cheese begins to melt and the bread is toasted.
- Serve immediately.