oriental sesame oil
garlic cloves, chopped
thin asparagus, ends trimmed, cut on diagonal into 2-inch-long pieces
( preferably toasted)
- Combine soy sauce and sugar in small bowl and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Heat oil in heavy large skillet.
- When oil is hot, add garlic and stir 15 seconds.
- Add asparagus and stir-fry until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes (mine took longer).
- Add soy mixture and toss about 1 minute longer, until asparagus is coated.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to serving bowl and sprinkle with sesame seeds.