leeks, white parts only, sliced
( one large strip streaky)
portabella mushrooms, gills removed, chopped
dry red wine
( if you have it, or 1 cube with 2 cups water)
- Put the strip of bacon in a heavy bottomed medium sized sauce pan and fry on medium heat until crisp.
- Add the leeks and cook until softened, on low heat. Add a splash of water if they are sticking or starting to brown. Stir often. Once softened, add the mushrooms and cook for another 20 mins, until softened. Stir frequently.
- Add the red wine and simmer for about 5 minutes. Either add 2 cups of homemade chicken stock or, add 2 cups of water and the stock cube to the pot and simmer for another 20 minutes.
- Taste broth to check if it needs salt.
- Put the soup into the blender and blend on “chop” for 30 seconds or until the soup is pureed.
- Add in ½ c . sour cream and blend on “stir” for 10 seconds. Pour into soup bowls. Sprinkle the top of each soup with ¼ Celsius feta.