- Preheat oven to 180 C (360 F).
- Prepare asparagus by snapping the lower "woody" part of the stem off (if it snaps cleanly you've got the right place; if it is difficult to break try higher up!), and peel the lower section if they're a bit old or thick.
- Tear off a large enough piece of aluminium foil to wrap around the bunch of asparagus securely, and place asparagus in foil.
- Dot with butter and sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Wrap securely, and then wrap an extra strip of foil around the tip end to protect it.
- Bake in oven for 25-35 mins, depending on the thickness and age of the asparagus (Mine were done in 30 and I'd say they were fairly average sized).
- Try to wait until you're ready to serve before you unwrap them, or better still, serve them still wrapped in the foil.