peeled, pitted and chopped peaches
1 (3 inch) sticks
2 2/3 cups
peeled and finely chopped apples
1 1/2 cups
grated fresh lemon rind
( no white)
- Tie cinnamon stick and whole cloves in a cheesecloth spice bag.
- Combine all ingredients in a large stainless or enamel saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, cover and boil gently for about 75 minutes, stirring occasionally until thick.
- Discard spice bag and ladle pie filling into clean hot jars leaving 1/2 inch head space.
- Remove bubbles.
- Process in a boiling water bath for 15 minutes at altitudes up to 1000 feet.