1 1/2 liters
strong home-made chicken stock
fresh ground black pepper
ripe Avocados, skinned, stoned and pureed
fruity white wine
125 -250 ml
crisped bacon, crumbled
- Melt butter in a saucepan.
- When hot and bubbly, stir in cornflour and continue to stir until mixture turns golden.
- Gradually add chicken stock, whisking constantly to smooth away any little lumps.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Remove from stove.
- Add avocado puree, white wine and cream.
- Reheat carefully, but do not allow to boil.
- Transfer to a heated soup tureen and sprinkle with crisped bacon crumble.
- To serve, ladle into heated soup plates and garnish with fresh coriander.