diced boiled potatoes
1 (14 ounce) cans
corn beef hash
1 cup chopped cooked beets (not pickled, amount of beets to taste) or 1 cup
diced cooked beet
( not pickled, amount of beets to taste)
cloves garlic, minced
6 poached eggs (one egg per serving) or 6
( one egg per serving)
grated parmesan cheese
- In a heavy skillet melt together the butter and oil over medium heat; sauté the minced onion and potatoes for 5 minutes, only stirring once or twice, until the potatoes begin to develop a browned crust.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the canned hash, beets, and garlic and stir well.
- Press mixture back into the bottom of the skillet and evenly pour the beef broth over.
- Saute over low heat until mixture browns at the edges, about 30 minutes (check it to see if it's as crispy as you want it - if not, you can flip it, add some butter or oil, and crisp the other side, too).
- Fold browned hash by half and slide onto the serving platter.
- Top with poached or fried eggs and garnish with Parmesan and parsley, and serve (the recipe does not contain any salt or pepper, to allow each person to season to taste to their own preference; make sure to mention that to the folks you're serving).