hot Italian sausage, cooked and cut into small pieces
( use mild sausage if you don't like spicy soup)
( no need to cut it up)
2 (8 ounce) cans
1 (8 ounce) cans
cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
crushed red pepper flakes
( optional for added heat)
1 1/2 cups
- In a large soup pot, put olive oil and garlic powder.
- Cook on low for about 3 minutes.
- Add everything else to the pot.
- Bring to boil.
- Simmer for 25 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, take out all veggies meats and most of the beans and place in blender to puree. you may need to put some of the broth in the blender too to help it along.
- Return puree back to soup pot.
- Simmer 10 minutes more stirring well to blend puree and liquid well.