2 1/2 cups
fresh chives, chopped
fresh lemon rind, of grated
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 12 standard-size muffin cup pan with cooking spray.
- Add dry ingredients to large bowl and stir to blend well.
- Mix buttermilk, eggs, sour cream and oil in medium bowl to blend.
- Add herbs and lemon peel.
- Stir buttermilk mixture into flour mixture, do not over mix.
- Drop batter into prepared muffin pan.
- Brush tops lightly with melted butter.
- Bake muffins 15 minutes, brush tops again with butter.
- Continue baking until golden on top about 12 minutes longer.
- Turn muffins out onto cake rack.
- Serve warm with cream cheese.