boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into eight cubes
1 (1 ounce) envelope
frozen corn, cooked as directed
2 (15 ounce) cans
s and w brand caribbean black beans
1 (7 ounce) cans
diced green chilies
1 (14 ounce) cans
diced tomatoes with jalapenos
1 (2 1/4 ounce) cans
sliced olives, drained
chicken soup base, paste
( Smart and Final brand if interested)
Corn bread cheese topping
1 (8 1/2 ounce) packages
sweet cornbread mix
( Jiffy brand)
1/2 cup grated colby cheese or 1/2 cup
grated monterey jack cheese
- In a hot skillet add the olive oil and chicken cubes, cook just until no longer pink.
- Stir in the taco seasoning.
- Add all the remaining ingredients with the exception of the corn bread mixture and the cheese.
- Blend together and pour into a greased 9x12 inch casserole dish.
- Mix, but do not bake the corn bread as directed on the package.
- Spread the uncooked cornbread mixture on top of the casserole.
- Sprinkle the cheeses that have been blended together evenly on top of the cornbread mixture.
- Bake in a hot oven at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes.
- You want the cheese and the corn bread to turn a nice light golden brown color.
- If you are a cornbread lover like myself, use two packages of prepared cornbread instead of one.