russet potatoes, peeled boiled, and sliced
eggs, hard boiled
( or queso casero or feta cheese)
garlic clove, crushed
1 (12 ounce) cans
peruvian yellow chili paste
( aji amarillo paste-very spicy!)
1 -2 tablespoon
- For the papas:.
- Assemble lettuce leaves on a nice plate or platter.
- Lay potato slices on top, trying to keep the round discs intact.
- For the salsa Huancaina:.
- In a blender container or food processor, place cheese, garlic, evaporated milk and aji paste, blend until smooth.
- Add 2 yolks of the hard boiled eggs, and a few water crackers.
- While blender is running, drizzle in 1 T of oil.
- Check consistency.
- It should be about the consistency of thin cake batter.
- If it needs more thickening, add more crackers and oil.
- Check seasoning, if you are using feta cheese, it might not need salt, you can also add a bit more aji if you like it spicy.
- To serve, pour sauce over potatoes and lettuce.
- Garnish with remaining 2 hard boiled eggs, cut in wedges and black olives.