( cut in 1 inch lenghts)
1 1/2 teaspoons
1 (6 ounce) packages
sliced swiss cheese
- Saute almonds with bacon in large skillet.
- When almonds are lighly roasted and bacon is crisp, remove from skillet with slotted spoon.
- Add zucchine, eggplant and onion to the skillet with dripping from the bacon; cover and cook over medium-low heat for 15 minutes, stirring often.
- Mix in flour.
- Add tomatoes;stir in garlic, salt, pepper, and basil.
- Layer vegetable mixture, almonds and bacon mixture, then Swiss cheese slices, making 2 layers of each, into a 2 quart baking dish ending with a ring of almonds and bacon in a ring on top.
- Bake, uncovered in a preheated 400 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until bubbly throughout.