butter, room temperature
3/4 cup sucanat or 3/4 cup
dark brown sugar, firmly packed
egg, room temperature
1 3/4 cups
whole wheat pastry flour
1 1/2 teaspoons
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease muffin tin, or line with paper liners.
- With an electric mixer, cream butter until soft.
- Add sucanat and molasses, and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and pumpkin, stir until well blended.
- Sift flour, salt, soda, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg into the butter mixture, and fold in, being careful not to overmix.
- Gently fold in raisins.
- Spoon equal amounts into muffin tin.
- Bake until the tops spring back when lightly touched, about 12-15 minutes.
- Let cool in pan 3 minutes before moving to cooling rack.