yukon gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
1 3/4 teaspoons
2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons
2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon
1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup
3/4 cup crumbled gorgonzola or 3/4 cup
fresh rosemary, to garnish
- Bring potato, 1 teaspoon salt, and water to cover to a boil in a Dutch oven; cook 20 to 25 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and keep warm.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter with oil in a skillet over medium heat; add onion, and cook, stirring often, 12 to 17 minutes or until tender.
- Add garlic, and cook 3 minutes.
- Stir in rosemary; remove from heat.
- Mash potato with a potato masher; stir in 1/2 cup butter, half-and-half, and cheese until blended.
- Stir in onion mixture, remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper.
- Spoon enough mixture into a decorative, ovenproof dish or 13- x 9-inch baking dish to fill bottom; pipe or dollop remaining mixture over top.
- Broil, 3 inches from heat, 5 minutes or until top is lightly browned.
- Garnish, if desired.