leftover corned beef
provolone cheese, deli sliced
- For the bread, I use Ciabatta (Italian"Slipper" Bread)#29100, by Lisa Pizza (we make 4 small loaves, rather than 2 medium-sized loaves if we intend to make sandwiches).
- For the corned beef, I find the biggest corned beef I can locate (usually about 4-5 pounds) and prepare it with corned beef and cabbage#52008 by chia.
- Slice both loaves of bread horizontally, like a sandwich.
- Arrange corned beef on bottom half of sandwich, dividing meat evenly between the two loaves.
- Arrange cheese to cover the meat.
- We use our toaster oven to melt the cheese, adding the top of the sandwich the last minute or so, so both halves are warm but the top half doesn't get over-crunchy.
- Alternately, you can wrap the whole thing up in foil and bake for less crunchy bread.
- (the crust is the best part of ciabatta, so I toast it in the open) Once your cheese is melted, put the top half of the bread on the bottom half, cut in half to make wedges, and enjoy!
- We don't usually have sides of any kind for this meal, since the sandwich is a very good size.