1 (10 3/4 ounce) cans
tomato soup, undiluted
1 -2 tablespoon
Velveeta cheese, sliced
- Cook hamburger and onion, drain grease.
- Add soup and spices, simmer 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice top third off bread, hollow out bottom half of loaf, leaving a 3/4-inch shell, save bread chunks, or feed to the birds!
- Spread top slice of bread (cut side), with butter.
- Place hollowed out bread on cookie sheet and broil till lightly browned.
- Take out of oven and fill with meat mixture, top with cheese slices.
- Place buttered top next to it, put back in oven at 350º; bake till heated through and top is toasted a little.
- Put the top on, slice into wide slices for sandwiches, about 4-5 inches wide.
- 4-6 servings.