celery, thinly sliced
butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1 inch cubes
( weigh after peeling & seeding)
apple, peeled, cored &, cut into wedges
fresh ground pepper
- In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onions& celery and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until the vegetables are translucent.
- Add curry powder and ginger and cook for 5 to 6 minutes longer over low heat, until veggies are softened and spices are fragrant.
- Place butternut squash, apples, and rice in slow cooker (in that order).
- Add chicken stock, salt and pepper.
- Cook on high for 1 hour, then reduce to low temperature and cook 5 additional hours.
- Puree the soup to a completely smooth texture with hand blender or blender.