cooked corned beef, shredded or chopped
boiled potatoes, diced
cooked beet, diced
cooked diced onion
59.14 ml lard or 59.14 ml
beef broth or
broth, from boiled dinner
- Combine beef and vegetables.
- Heat lard or fat in a skillet; the pan should be well coated.
- Add hash and spread out to cover the bottom of the pan; add some broth to ensure it against sticking.
- Cook over low heat about 30 minutes.
- Traditionally, it is cooked like an omelet, without stirring; a bit of a crust forms on the bottom from the mixture of the vegetable starches and the fat.
- However, I've also had it cooked with stirring occasionally to keep it jumbled up.
- Serve hot.