1 (4 ounce) cans
whole Ortega green chilies
grated monterey jack cheese
- Separate the eggs. Beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Open the can of chilies; there should be 2 or 3 in the can. Split the chilies open and flour them.
- Stuff about 1/4 cup of cheese inside chilies.
- Beat egg yolks in a separate bowl with salt and pepper.
- Fold yolks into the beaten egg whites gently.
- Heat oil in a pan. When hot dip 1/4 cup egg mixture into pan in a dollop, then place 1 chili in center of dollup; then cover with 1/4 of egg mixture, making sure chili is covered.
- Repeat with remaining chilies.
- Pour remaining eggs over all.
- Brown lightly (watch so you don't scorch eggs)and turn over.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese; cover pan with a lid; simmer on low heat until eggs are set.
- Can serve with salsa on top.