beef stew meat
chopped yellow onion
5 cups beef stock or 5 cups
1 (11 1/2 ounce) cans
spicy tomato juice
salt, to taste
fresh ground pepper
medium mushrooms, thickly sliced
uncooked orzo pasta
1 cup fresh peas or 1 cup
fresh grated parmesan cheese
- In a lsrge pot, over high heat, add the first 10 ingredients; stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 1 hour, 15 minutes.
- Add in the mushrooms and orzo.
- Simmer covered for 10 more minutes.
- Add in peas, stir; cook uncovered for about 10 more minutes or until ingredients are tender; adjust seasoning to taste.
- Ladle into individual soup bowls and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.