of chopped garlic
red pepper flakes
sea salt and pepper
lentils, cooked,drained and cooled
- Combine walnuts, breadcrumbs, garlic, cumin, corander, pepper flakes, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a food processor.
- Process until finely ground.
- Add the lentils and 1 Tablespoon oil; pluse until coarsely chopped.
- Some of the lentils should remain whole.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg.
- Add lentil mixture and stir well.
- Divide the lentil mixture into 4 equal size parts, and roll into balls.
- Flatten them into 3/4 inch patties.
- Heat remaining 3 tablespoons oil in a large skillet.
- Add burgers and cook over medium low heat until crisp and browned, turning gently after 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cook another 8-10 minutes.
- Serve on buns as a sandwich, adding your favorite garnishes: tomatoes, pickles, lettuce, etc.
- Or, serve as a main dish with your favorite sauce.