frozen bread dough, loaf, thawed
( French bread brown and serve)
swiss cheese, THIN slices, folded in half
8 -16 slices
ham, THIN slices
onion, chopped very fine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place thawed bread loaf on cookie sheet, that is lined with foil.
- Cut bread loaf into 8 slices that DO NOT penetrate to the bottom.
- Spread butter mixture into sliced bread, you are making 'pockets'.
- Into the 'pockets' add sliced cheese, ham, and place partially cooked bacon on top of each slice.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until bacon becomes crisp.
- Slice into individual sandwiches.