1 1/4 lbs
baking potatoes, peeled
( about 2)
distilled white vinegar, plus
distilled white vinegar, divided
- Cut potatoes lengthwise into 1/4 inch slices, then into matchsticks.
- Combine water and 2 tablespoons vinegar in a large bowl.
- Completely submerge potatoes in vinegar mixture.
- Soak for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (Or deep fry).
- Drain potatoes on paper towels.
- Transfer to a clean dry bowl.
- Toss with canola oil.
- Arrange potatoes on heavy gauge nonstick baking sheet in single layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until potatoes just begin to brown.
- Turn and bake for 10 minutes, or until browned and crisp.
- Toss with 2 teaspoons vinegar and salt to taste.