shallot, finely chopped
boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch strips
chopped fresh tarragon
gruyere cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Butter a shallow 8 or 9-inch baking dish.
- Slice potatoes thinly and boil in salted water for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil and butter in a medium frying pan.
- Add onion and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken and fry over a high heat until nicely browned.
- Lower heat and stir in tarragon and half of the cream and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread half of the potatoes in the greased baking dish and pour chicken mixture over top.
- Cover with remaining potatoes.
- Pour remaining cream over top of potatoes and sprinkle with gruyere.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until top of casserole is golden.