1 1/2 cups
( 4 1/2 tsps.)
red raspberries, preferrably frozen and thawed or fresh raspberries with lots of sugar in them
- Combine the cream and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir with a whisk until the sugar is dissolved.
- Soften the gelatin in the cold water.
- Whisk gelatin into the cream.
- When the gelatin is dissolved, whisk in the sour cream.
- Stir only until well-blended and smooth.
- Pour this Creme Celeste into a lightly-oiled mold.
- Chill for 4-5 hours until firm.
- Unmold by setting mold in warm water for several minutes.
- Upend it onto a white platter.
- Surround the sides of this incredible Cream with the red raspberries.
- Save a few for the top.