unsweetened coconut milk
( light version is fine)
salt and pepper
1 1/2 lbs
boneless chicken breasts, cut into 2 inch pieces
red bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1 inch pieces
fresh pineapple, peeled,cored and cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks
6 -8 wooden skewers or 6 -8
( if using wood soak for at least 30 minutes)
- In a small skillet toast the cumin, curry powder and turmeric over low heat stirring for about 20 seconds. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the toasted spices, coconut milk, oil, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper. Add chicken, tossing to coat evenly and then refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Start the grill or preheat the broiler (if using broiler grease the broiler pan well).
- Thread the skewers alternating pieces of chicken, bell pepper and pineapple. Season skewers with salt and pepper.
- Lightly grease the grill rack with oil and then place the skewers on it and grill for 4-6 minutes per side, or until chicken is cooked.