1 (4535.92 g)
dessert apples, peeled cored chopped
- soak chopped apples in 4 Tbsp of dark rum for 4 hours.
- preheat oven to 350 F.
- place goose on a rack in a rosting pan.
- mix together the apples, sage, mace and breadcrumbs.
- season to taste with salt and pepper and spoon inside the goose cavity.
- combine the salt and pepper and rub all over the outside of the goose.
- prick the entire goose with a fork.
- cover the breast with a piece of greased aluminium foil.
- roast goose for 30 minutes at 350 F.
- remove from oven, skim off excess fat.
- pour stock all over the goose.
- re-cover goose with greased aluminium foil and roast for 2 1/2 hours.
- remove foil and cook for 1 hour so the breast crips and browns.
- place goose on a warmed serving dish skim off excess fat from roasting pan.
- reduce pan juices rapidly, to make a thickened gravy.