1 (3 lb)
whole roasting chickens
1 tablespoon melted butter or 1 tablespoon
orange, peeled and quartered
salt, to taste
( I use freshly ground black pepper)
dried rosemary, to taste
- Wash chicken and pat dry.
- Brush chicken with melted butter,season both inside and out with salt and pepper and rosemary, placing one clove garlic inside chicken.
- Place in roaster with the orange juice, quartered orange, and remaining clove of garlic.
- Roast uncovered in 350 oven until chicken is well browned, fork tender, and juices run clear when pierced with a fork about (1 1/2 to 2 hours).
- Make glaze by mixing marmalade and dry rosemary, brush onto chicken and bake for another 10 minutes.