low-fat cheddar cheese
1 1/4 teaspoons
- Measure out 2/3 cup beer-drink rest.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray 6 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spoon flour into measuring cup& level off.
- Combine flour, cheese, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and mix well.
- Add beer and egg, and stir into dry mixture until just moistened.
- Divide evenly into muffin cups (about 3/4 full).
- Bake 17-22 minutes, or until golden brown and toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Best served warm-- great with chili or tortilla soup.