1 cup espresso coffee or 1 cup
very strong coffee
- In a large bowl beat sugar and egg yolks well-you want it a pale yellow creamy color.
- Add mascarpone and beat until JUST mixed.
- In a small bowl beat egg whites until you get stiff peaks.
- Fold into mascarpone mixture.
- In another small bowl combine espresso and booze.
- Dip cookies and place 1 layer in an 8x8-inch deep-dish glass casserole dish.
- Cover with half the cheese mixture.
- Top that with another layer of dipped cookies and top with remaining cheese.
- Sprinkle with cocoa.
- A nice touch would be to also add chocolate curls.