1 (16 ounce) packages
freshly grated parmesan cheese
minced white onion
minced fresh garlic
1 -2 tablespoon
extra virgin olive oil
fresh lemon juice
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove peel from garlic and place on a piece of aluminum foil.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Wrap up garlic and roast in oven for about 30 minutes, or until soft.
- In a medium bowl, toss tomatoes, basil, onion, minced garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and chill.
- Remove roasted garlic from the oven.
- Combine garlic with the cream cheese until smooth.
- Slice bread, 1/2-inch thick, on the bias.
- Toast the bread in the oven slightly and set aside.
- Spread cream cheese mixture on the toast and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Return to oven to warm the cheese.
- Remove from the oven and top with tomatoes mixture and serve.