( preferably Italian)
4 -5 cloves
2 serrano peppers or 4
Thai red chili peppers, stemmed
olive oil, plus extra if needed
fresh ground black pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt or 1 teaspoon
lemon, juice of
- Cut and discard the visible, leafless stems from the cilantro and parsley.
- Wash and pat dry.
- Place the cilantro and parsley in a blender with the remaining ingredients.
- Blend at low speed, stoppng often to smash down the ingredients as they combine.
- Turn up speed and blend thoroughly.
- Place in a storage container, taste and adjust salt, and top with a little oil as you would pesto.
- This lasts for a month if stored in an airtight container.