minced white onion
minced mild green chili
4 (8 inch)
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat.
- Crumble the sausage into the pan, then add the onion.
- Sauté the sausage and onion for 3 to 4 minutes or until the sausage is browned.
- Add the mild green chilies and continue to sauté for 1 minute more.
- Pour the beaten eggs into the pan and scramble the eggs with the sausage and vegetables.
- Add a dash of salt and pepper.
- Heat up the tortillas by steaming them in the microwave in moist paper towels or a tortilla steamer for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Break each slice of cheese in half and position two halves end-to-end in the middle of each tortilla.
- To make the burrito, spoon 1/4 of the egg filling onto the cheese in a tortilla.
- Fold one side of the tortilla over the filling, then fold up about two inches of one end.
- Fold over the other side of the tortilla to complete the burrito (one end should remain open).
- Serve hot with salsa on the side, if desired.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Makes 4 burritos.