sweetened condensed milk
1 1/2 teaspoons
6 -7 cups
sifted icing sugar
yellow food coloring
- In a large bowl, mix milk, butter, corn syrup, salt and vanilla.
- Add icing sugar in 3 or 4 batches,stirring well after each addition.
- Mix well, then knead with hands, mixing in more icing sugar if needed, until mixture holds shape and is smooth.
- Take 1/4 of the mixture, and color it yellow for yolks.
- Form it into 10 to 15 small balls, set aside.
- Make 10 to 15 Larger balls with the remaining mixture.
- Flatten large ball in palm, place yellow ball in centre, then shape white mixture around it to form an egg shape.
- Place eggs on tray, cover well with plastic wrap so they do not dry out, and chill for at least 4 hours or until firm.
- Dipping Chocolate: Place chocolate and paraffin in bowl over hot (not boiling) water (approx 86 deg.) Use a fondue fork to dip eggs into chocolate.
- Place eggs on tray lined with waxed or parchment paper.
- Put in a cool place until chocolate is firm.
- Decorate if desired.