onion, finely chopped
white bread, chopped fine
cooked chicken breast, chopped coursely
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Add onion and saute until tender.
- Add flour, salt and pepper.
- Add milk slowly and cook, stirring constantly until it thickens.
- Remove from heat and mix in the bread and chicken.
- Chill one hour.
- Shape into 4 patties.
- Dredge each patty in flour, then dip in egg and then coat with breadcrumbs.
- Put enough vegetable oil in a skillet to at least 1/2 inch deep when heated.
- Fry croquettes until browned, turning once.
- Drain on paper towels.