1 medium onions, chopped or 3/4 cup
frozen chopped onions
garlic cloves, minced
frozen unsweetened apple juice concentrate, thawed
2 -3 dashes
swiss chard, stemmed, leaves washed but not dried and roughly chopped
( 4 cups packed greens)
4 large corn tortillas or 4 large
1 (4 ounce) packages
shredded low-fat Mexican cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring, until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Stir in the apple juice concentrate and tomato paste and cook, stirring, until the tomato paste dissolves.
- Reduce heat to low, then stir in the raisins,liquid smoke, cumin, oregano, salt, pepper, and Tabasco.
- Stir in the greens,cover the pan, and simmer until they're wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Stir well, cover, and set aside off the heat for 5 minutes to blend the flavors.
- Lay one tortilla on a clean, dry work surface or cutting board.
- Scoop about 1/2 cup filling into the center of the tortilla, then roll closed.
- Transfer the rolled tortilla to a baking dish just large enough to hold all four stuffed enchiladas securely.
- Repeat with the other tortillas and remainder of the filling.
- Sprinkle cheese over the enchiladas, covering them completely.
- Bake until cheese and filling are bubbling, about 20 minutes.
- Let stand at room temperature 5 minutes before serving.