2 (16 ounce) packages
cooked italian-style meatballs, thawed
( approximately 60 meatballs)
2 (26 ounce) jars smooth-style marinara sauce or 2 (26 ounce) jars
your favorite pasta sauce
lasagna noodles, no cook
( or traditional, cooked)
1 (15 ounce) containers
light ricotta cheese
( fat free ok)
part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
parmesan cheese, grated or shredded
- Slice thawed meatballs in half.
- Set aside.
- Spray 13 x 9 baking dish with oil spray.
- Spread 1 cup sauce evenly in bottom of dish.
- Place 3 uncooked noodles over sauce.
- Set aside.
- Place egg in 1-quart bowl and beat with whisk.
- Add ricotta cheese to egg and stir well to blend.
- Dollop half of ricotta mixture evenly over noodles.
- Top ricotta with half of the meatballs.
- Pour 1 1/2 cups sauce over meatballs and place 3 more uncooked noodles over them.
- Pour 1 1/2 cups of sauce over meatballs.
- Place 3 more noodles over meatballs and pour remaining sauce (about 2 cups) evenly on top, spreading evenly.
- Make sure all noodles are well coated with sauce.
- Spray a sheet of aluminum foil with oil spray, and cover lasagna tightly, oil side down.
- Bake 1 hour at 350ºF.
- Remove dish from oven, uncover.
- Spoon some sauce from edges over exposed top noodles.
- Sprinkle mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses evenly over top.
- Turn oven OFF and place dish, uncovered, in oven for 15 minutes more.
- Serve at once or remove lasana from oven and let rest (up to 15 minutes) until ready to serve.