butternut squash, peeled and cut into chunks
946.36 ml chicken or 946.36 ml
onion, peeled and finely chopped
button mushrooms, sliced
mild to medium curry powder
- Simmer butternut in chicken stock in a covered pot until soft, then purée.
- Melt butter in pan and fry the onion and mushroom in the butter until soft.
- Add flour and curry powder and stir over low heat for about four minutes.
- Add butternut to the onion and mushroom mix and bring to a gentle boil.
- Add salt, black pepper and sugar.
- Stir in the yoghurt and the brandy, but don't let it boil.
- Serve in heated soup dishes.