1 1/2 liters
piece of fresh ginger, peeled and finely sliced
fresh salmon, skinned,de-boned,sliced in 1 cm strips
baby bok choy, well washed,trimmed
red chilies, finely sliced
light soy sauce
1 -2 tablespoon
limes, juice of
roughly torn coriander leaves
- Place the stock and ginger in a large saucepan, bring to the boil, lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Strain to remove the ginger; discard.
- Return stock to the pan, add salmon strips, bok choy and chilli to the stock, simmer gently for 2 minutes.
- Lastly add soy sauce, and sugar and lime juice to taste and to achieve a balanced hot, sweet, salty, sour flavour.
- Ladle into serving bowls and garnish with torn coriander leaves.