dry crushed red pepper
dry white wine
1 (28 ounce) cans
littleneck clams, scrubbed
( about 2 1/2 lbs total)
( about 1 1/2 lbs total)
shrimp, peeled,deveined & butterflied
( about 1 lb)
torn fresh basil leaf
warm crusty bread
- Heat oil in a large heavy pot over medium heat.
- Add garlic,bay leaf and crushed red pepper.
- Saute until garlic is tender (1 min).
- Add wine and bring to a boil.
- Add tomatoes and simmer until the tomatoes begin to break down and flavors blend (5 min).
- Turn up to medium and cook until sauce is good and warm.
- Add clams, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in mussels, cover and cook until clams and mussels open, about 5 mins or so.
- When clams and mussels are almost all opened throw in the shrimp.
- Cover and cook about 1 1/2 min or until shrimp is done.
- Stir in torn basil leaves and serve.