1/2 lb rotini pasta (corkscrew-shaped pastas) or 1/2 lb
( corkscrew-shaped pastas)
red wine vinegar
sun-dried tomato, not packed in oil, soaked in hot water for 5 minutes and drained well
smoked mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
canned garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
1 1/4 ounces
sliced hard salami, cut into julienne strips
bottled small pepperoncini peppers
( pickled Tuscan peppers)
hot red pepper flakes
loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley, minced
- In a kettle of boiling salted water cook the rotini until it is tender and drain.
- Refresh the pasta under cold water and drain well.
- In a blender blend the garlic, the mustard, the vinegars, the water, the oil, and salt, to taste, until the dressing is emulsified.
- In a very large bowl toss the pasta well with the dressing and stir in the sun-dried tomatoes, the mozzarella, the garbanzos, the salami, the Tuscan peppers, the red pepper flakes, and the parsley.
- Chill the salad, covered, for 1 hour.
- The salad may be made 2 days in advance and kept covered and chilled.