pheasants, dressed and clean
( and footless!!~ as mine came with a foot a piece~ how was I to know that was for the Wildlife Agent)
nature seasoning brand seasoning
2 -3 cups
- Cut Pheasant Meat from Carcass (I just used the Breast and Thigh Meat Tossing all those little feet far away).
- Rinse Throughly and place in Bowl.
- Salt, Pepper and Season Pheasant turning the meat over to make sure all gets covered.
- Cover bowl and place in fridge for at least 4 hours.
- In Large Heavy Skillet (I used Grandma's Cast Iron) put oil and heat on high until ready to fry.
- Retrieve Pheasant from Fridge.
- In a shallow bowl scramble eggs.
- In another shallow bowl (or plate) put flour in an even layer.
- Dip Pheasant pieces in egg first then coat with flour.
- Place in hot oil and brown on either side (lower heat to medium here so as not to burn the oil).
- The pheasant cooks REALLY fast and is SO tender and moist.
- Carrots and a green salad was an excellent addition to this meal!