sea scallops, towel dried, seasoned with
salt and pepper
minced garlic cloves
chipotle chili sauce
scallion, sliced thin
- Heat oil in a med-hot pan saute shallots and garlic just till lightly browned add parsley.
- Move shallots to the side of pan or remove from pan leaving as much of the seasoned oil in pan.
- Place scallops in pan and brown 3 minutes without moving till golden brown.
- Flip and cook 2-3 more minutes adding more oil if necessary.
- Remove scallops from pan and place on a serving dish.
- Deglaze pan with the vodka (just enough to cover the bottom of the pan you use)scraping the solids from the pan (add back if removed the shallots) add chipotle sauce toss to heat.
- Pour the shallot sauce mixture over the shallots and garnish with scallions.